Infertility happens when a couple cannot conceive after having regular unprotected sex.It may be that one partner cannot contribute to conception, or that a woman is unable to carry a pregnancy to full term. It is often defined as not conceiving after 12 months of regular sexual intercourse without the use of birth control.
Causes in men:
- Low sperm count: The man ejaculates a low number of sperm. A sperm count of under 15 million is considered low. Around one third of couples have difficulty conceiving due to a low sperm count.
- Low sperm mobility (motility): The sperm cannot “swim” as well as they should to reach the egg.
- Abnormal sperm: The sperm may have an unusual shape, making it harder to move and fertilize an egg.
Causes in women
Infertility in women can also have a range of causes.
The most common causes of female infertility include problems with ovulation, damage to Fallopian tubes or uterus, or problems with the cervix. Age can contribute to infertility because as a woman ages, her fertility naturally tends to decrease.
Ovulation problems may be caused by one or more of the following:
- A hormone imbalance
- A tumor or cyst
- Eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia
- Alcohol or drug use
- Thyroid gland problems
- Excess weight
- Intense exercise that causes a significant loss of body fat
- Extremely brief menstrual cycles
Damage to the Fallopian tubes or uterus can be caused by one or more of the following:
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- A previous infection
- Polyps in the uterus
- Endometriosis or fibroids
- Scar tissue or adhesions
- Chronic medical illness
- A previous ectopic (tubal) pregnancy
- A birth defect
According to Ayurveda and siddha four factors are essential for conception; namely seed (oocyte and sperm), soil (reproductive track), season (fertile period) and water (nutrition). Ayurvedic and siddha fertility treatments regularises metabolism of the body, purify reproductive organs, maintain hormonal equilibrium, improve endometrium lining and receptivity, increase egg and sperm quality and relieve stress.Womb preparation treatment in Ayurveda and siddha enhances the success rate of IUI, IVF, ICSI-ET.
At Haridra Infertility treatment aims at reinstating the normal health of the reproductive syatem, in both men and women,we treat infertility with our traiditional royal treatments called chintarmani chikitsa combining ayurveda and siddha. The treatments will be both external and internal using our own classical medicines and preparations which aims at curing the root cause of infertility.