BEST TREATMENT FOR UTERINE FIBROID IN MADURAI
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous growths of the uterus that often appear during childbearing years. Also called leiomyomas or myomas, uterine fibroids aren’t associated with an increased risk of uterine cancer and almost never develop into cancer. Fibroids range in size from seedlings, undetectable by the human eye, to bulky masses that can distort and enlarge the uterus.One can have a single fibroid or multiple ones. In extreme cases, multiple fibroids can expand the uterus so much that it reaches the rib cage and can add weight. Many women have uterine fibroids sometime during their lives. But most women don’t know they have uterine fibroids because they often cause no symptoms. Fibroids usually discover incidentally during a pelvic exam or prenatal ultrasound.
Many women who have fibroids don’t have any symptoms. In those that do, symptoms can be influenced by the location, size and number of fibroids.
In women who have symptoms, the most common signs and symptoms of uterine fibroids include:
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Menstrual periods lasting more than a week
- Pelvic pressure or pain
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty emptying the bladder
- Backache or leg pain
Fibroids are generally classified by their location.
- Intramural fibroids grow within the muscular uterine wall.
- Submucosal fibroids bulge into the uterine cavity.
- Subserosal fibroids project to the outside of the uterus.
The cause of uterine fibroids is unknown, but research and clinical experience point to these factors:
- Genetic changes. Many fibroids contain changes in genes that differ from those in normal uterine muscle cells.
- Hormones. Estrogen and progesterone, two hormones that stimulate development of the uterine lining during each menstrual cycle in preparation for pregnancy, appear to promote the growth of fibroids.Fibroids contain more estrogen and progesterone receptors than normal uterine muscle cells do. Fibroids tend to shrink after menopause due to a decrease in hormone production.
- Other growth factors. Substances that help the body maintain tissues, such as insulin-like growth factor, may affect fibroid growth.
- Extracellular matrix (ECM). ECM is the material that makes cells stick together, like mortar between bricks. ECM is increased in fibroids and makes them fibrous. ECM also stores growth factors and causes biologic changes in the cells themselves.
Although uterine fibroids usually aren’t dangerous, they can cause discomfort and may lead to complications such as a drop in red blood cells (anemia), which causes fatigue, from heavy blood loss. Rarely, a transfusion is needed due to blood loss.
According to Ayurveda, both PCOS and fibroids come under “Raktagulma”. Here, Vata (vata, pitta, kapha) gets aggravated and vitiated very quickly due to specific Nidansevan (causative factors) and then aggravated Vata enters into Garbhashaya and obstruct ArtavvahaSrotas (Female reproductive system). Finally, this Vata and Rakta both are accumulated gradually and develop irregular, rounded shaped growth or Pinda within and around the wall of uterus i.e. Raktagulma. It palpitates as whole but there is non-movement in its parts. Pain is one of the most important features of this disease. Others sign and symptoms are fullness of abdomen, occasional burning pain and pregnancy related sign and symptoms.
In siddha Medicine Uterine fibroid is called as கெர்ப்ப விப்புருத்தி Keruppa Vippuruthi, கருப்பை சதை கட்டிகள் karuppai Sathai kattigal, நார்த்தசை கட்டிகள் Naarthasai Kattigal, கர்ப்பப்பை நீர்கட்டிகள் karpa pai or karupai neer kattigal, சினைப்பை நீர்கட்டி
Traditional medicine understands that healing must take place on all levels. Not only do toxins need to be eliminated, balance must be restored, bringing the doshas back into harmony. Our traditional chintarmani treatment helps to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. Taditional medicine has great potential to deal with Fibroid Uterus. Rather than going for hormonal treatment or waiting till the time when fibroids will grow to the size where surgery is unavoidable, women should choose natural option like Ayurveda and siddha because Every women deserves healthy uterus !
At Haridra we treat Pcos and uterine fibroid successfully with the help of traditionally prepared classical Ayurveda and siddha medicines along with proper diet restrictions and lifestyle modifications.